Disable wallglitch?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Disable wallglitch?

This poll is closed to new votes

*insert here we go again meme*

Not because I personally hate wallglitch but it completely decimates certain aspects of the game.
Bullets are NOT supposed to go all the way through solid walls!

Lets go over the benefits of disabling wallglitch for those of you who are not aware:

• Reduces the probability of getting hit from nowhere.
  • Likely to balance maps, vehicles will be easier to steal and deliver.
  • Gives players a fair chance, not like one can shoot the other but he can't hit back or atleast so easily.
  • Less spawnkilling, or atleast an ability to push back against camping near spawn.

Only genuine votes would be considered.
* 1st and 3rd choice votes would be combined against 2nd.

Spiller.gif

This signature changes every refresh. Complete gallery.

A strong vote for yes from me. I was initially against the decision when it was disabled for EAD but soon came to realise that DM is much more balanced and enjoyable this way.

• Agree 2

Vice Underdog VCCnR Manager (Former) VCAD Moderator (Former) RTV Administrator KotH Administrator
(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

spacer.png

Disabling wallglitch will simply ruin all the fun for 2 reasons:

1) Players will not choose their ways anymore, all the gamemode will became "Rush B" strategy. Also, due to that, steal a car will way too easy, defenders won't have a chances to defend it.

2) Personally for me and for other low pingers - it will ruin balance. If you're 1 vs 1 against a guy who is lagging, you have small chance to win a fight, as lags giving a huge advantage, especially for long range.

I can agree, some maps have a problems with wallglitch, but there is a mapper team exists, so we can solve a problems, or we can simply disable wg on certain maps.

Edited by =SpitFire=
  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Disabling wall glitch everywhere may be a disadvantage for so many players, but on the other hand, would be an advantage for some as well. 

The other choice is an ingame poll for every base, just as the players vote for the base, they can also vote for the Wallglitch to be enabled/disabled in a certain base. That would be helpful as to players can veto the wall glitch in a particular base as per their will. 

That could be more balancing way imo. 

Two major advantages of Ingame Veto would be

- There will be no need to modify any map to render the wallglitch disabled. 

- The choice will be of the players as that would not affect anyone's strategy/gamestyle. 

Edited by Inferno

As the poll ended at a fair competition between enabling and disabling, a middle road had to be taken.
Which was to keep wallglitch off by default, but enable it for certain bases.

Bases on which wallglitch is enabled:

Spoiler

Las Barrancas
Airport Cargo
Sunshine Autos (changes were made)
Fullmoon Mall
Print Works
Industrial Delivery
Rob The Pizza
Cams Can Openers
Bikers vs Museum
Abandoned Terminal
Pole Position Club
Standing Vicepoint
Viceport Anarchy
Havana Colony
North Point Skirmish
Ammunation Roof
Construction Wars #2
Red Light District
Chinatown: The Bank
Chinatown: Laundrette
Base '84
VCPD Alley
Underground Passage

Total Bases: 54
Wallglitch enabled: 23

The topic will be unlocked for a while for players to suggest changes to wallglitch settings of specific maps.

Spiller.gif

This signature changes every refresh. Complete gallery.