Hey, I've been thinking about a tie breaker, due to many times the base it's unbalanced as fuck to attackers or defenders, indeed.

Suggestion 1:
I don't know if you have played call of duty at once, but there's a tie breaker at capture the flag mode, this mode turns the game a little bit different.
In case of Call of Duty, it consist in two rounds (3 minutes).
At the first round both flags can be taken at the same time. First team to catch the opposite flag and deliver it to the base, sets a time which the other team has to beat at the next round.
The next round is not 3 minutes anymore, it's the time that the team have set by delivered the flag, if the opposite team deliver the flag before the round finish, they won. If not, they lose.

So my suggestion is the following, due to we have attackers and defenders, tie break must respect both sides, 1 round per team to attack.
Reduce the timer, from 6 to 3.3 minutes, to make it faster than 2 rounds of the normal gamemode.

Suggestion 2:

Another suggestion of a tie breaker.
Following the script that one team is defender and the other one attacks, I suggest to make a little brawl base (Like Tennis in leaf links) where randomly select 1 player of both teams, and they have to fight each other to decide if the team wants to attack or defend. The winner must type in chat /attacker or /defender by following team mates decision. (Weapons can be defined randomly aswell for both, I mean, both m4, both stubby, both m6, both shotgun, not like kits already setted)

Suggestion 3:

Another suggestion of a tie breaker.

Following the script that one team is defender and the other one attacks, the easy suggestion must be a replay of the base with less timer. (3/4 minutes)

Edited by [SS]Gohan.
  • Informative 1

I find it like this, sometimes both teams shows a great competitive match that sometimes both teams wants to clarify the results, players wants to show who's the winner. Another suggestion to convince you and others who think the same, must be a poll inside the game which allows the player to decide by majority in case of a tie breaker or just a draw.

\o/ take your time to decide

Edited by Gohan.

Well we had this discussion between staff earlier, that we should implement a tiebreaker for casual matches also (yes, the Tiebreaker will be hardcored for Clan Wars / Events).
We discussed about suggestions #1, #2 and another powerplay suggestion, but after long discussions, it was decided that the tiebreakers are only good for events and as Lederhos said, useless for casual matches as it might disturb the regular gameplay.

However, now that you have opened a public suggestion, everyone is free to cast their opinion about the said suggestions or add anything new. 
We'll for sure consider them.

About the imbalance between attackers & defenders, there's a script rewrite in progress (porting it to SqMod for optimizations), although its not even 50% done till yet but that would surely add new features to balance the current stance.

We can also add 3D team scoreboards in the lobby tallying the total XP by both teams, time taken to plant, etc to compare which team did it better.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Spiller.gif

This signature changes every refresh. Complete gallery.

It could be annoying at some point, but could be useful for like biased bases, that comes up defeating opposite team in an unfair way. Then the other team can take the 3rd round's chance and beat that as well. I dont find it that annoying since this decides who won actually when it's a draw, but again these are just casual matches played for fun. So, even if there is a tie breaker round this should not be so annoying, imo. It's not like they are playing tie breakers even if they win two. Should be OK.

• Agree 1

wePVYzZ.gif