Suggestion - deffending Points for RPG users

RPG users don't get extra points for exploding the vehicle while defending, I usually blow the vehicle 2-3 times in a defending round, still I only get the kill points.

EX : 5 kills, Score : 5

• Agree 2

I believe thats because VCMP cant detect the RPG hits same for grenades / molotoves. You may bring damage to the car with these weapons but it wont be detected unless you completely destroy it and player fails to get out of car and dies and the kill log appears then you should have the points.

• Agree 1

wePVYzZ.gif

VCMP can't keep track of hit positions of certain weapons.
That is why hitting vehicle with one of the following will not give you any credit:

• Explosives (RPG / Grenade)
  • Incendiaries (Molotovs / Flamethrower)
  • Shotguns
  • Snipers
  • All melee weapons

However I may have a workaround to this, I'll try my best because I hate this myself.

• Agree 1

Spiller.gif

This signature changes every refresh. Complete gallery.

13 hours ago, Pavonis said:

I believe thats because VCMP cant detect the RPG hits same for grenades / molotoves.

VCMP has no buil-in functions for that but scripter can use other functions to detect who were aimed car using rpg (by clientside script), when RPG player did shoot (by serverside script), when player trow molotov/grenade, when car got demage. With fuckton of if() conditions you can predict who demaged vehicle, not 100% to be sure but enough to 'reward' by score. So its possible but not easy, especially because of player's PING here.

• Agree 3

After a brief usage of abusive content, I have arrived at a fix for tracking hits by explosives.
Although it might not be accurate, you can get an idea from vito's post.

Each hit with an explosive on the target vehicle will reward a score of 10.
Effective from next server restart.

Spoiler

Other said weapons remain to stay broken.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 3

Spiller.gif

This signature changes every refresh. Complete gallery.