Suggestion - Implementing bans on community cheaters

Hi,

Most servers nowadays don't ban cheaters until they are caught in their own servers hacking. This increases the probability of them using hacks in the servers in which they aren't punished.

Recently, V2X and P4P4 were allowed to play in the server due to the rule and one of them (P4P4) was spotted using illegal files which the server's anti-cheat detected and kicked the cheater. Although he was still allowed to play since he probably removed the file but no guarantee he won't use it in the future. Now, the fact that they were caught in EC and were also punished on VU forums by not letting them play in the on-going event India vs Pakistan match situated in KoTH at that time.

Letting such guys play without even a ban-appeal or a statement of shamefulness is pretty much unfair to the players playing clean. That's why I am suggesting that from now on, if a player is banned from a community forum, official server or a well known server shouldn't be allowed to play in RTV or OneVice servers. 
Doubts on judgement can be also discussed in between staff members.

IMO, this is the best way to keep hackers away from RTV. Thanks.

• Funny 1

For first of all, not every .asi/.dll is a cheat, it might be some sort of mod. However, .asi mods are not allowed in the server, which results that anti-cheat just won't let you play, until you remove the file, so there is no reason to ban players for that, this makes no sense for me. And you know, cheaters nowdays knows how to hide their cheats, which means a cheater will always find a way to cheat. But for this case, there is staff members on duty and report section on forum, so sooner or later a player who is playing not clean will be caught and banned. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
42 minutes ago, =SpitFire= said:

For first of all, not every .asi/.dll is a cheat, it might be some sort of mod. However, .asi mods are not allowed in the server, which results that anti-cheat just won't let you play, until you remove the file, so there is no reason to ban players for that, this makes no sense for me. And you know, cheaters nowdays knows how to hide their cheats, which means a cheater will always find a way to cheat. But for this case, there is staff members on duty and report section on forum, so sooner or later a player who is playing not clean will be caught and banned. 

That is just a part of the suggestion, what I suggested was to implement bans on players which are caught and banned from other community servers or forums. Thanks for clarifying though.

1 minute ago, MasterOz said:

That is just a part of the suggestion, what I suggested was to implement bans on players which are caught and banned from other community servers or forums. Thanks for clarifying though.

This case is kinda controversial, player might be innocent and false banned(for example, LW bans shouldn't be counted at all). So, every case should be solved personally.

• Agree 1

Yeah, just because banned on other servers they shouldn't be banned here. Now, it's on them if they are to use hacks / tools or not, if they do it will be caught sooner or later. I don't think just banning people due to they banned on other servers should be right. And as spitfire mentioned, some bans could be even false.

wePVYzZ.gif

6 minutes ago, =SpitFire= said:

This case is kinda controversial, player might be innocent and false banned(for example, LW bans shouldn't be counted at all). So, every case should be solved personally.

You can always discuss or investigate the case if the ban seems wrong.

Only the bans that were legit and are enforced due to authentic evidences will be considered. We won't be jumping on the bandwagon of other servers, especially where players ended up getting banned just because they had a "bad reputation" OR that particular server's staff members had something "personal" with that particular player. Keeping hackers aside, a lot of players are being wrongfully reported and being punished nowadays in various servers as per what many of us have observed, so that's why, as I have said above, we won't be imposing bans/punishments straightaway, however, we'll be keeping such players in our watchlist alongside the evidence that was used to punish them in any other server. This way we'll ensure that everything gets along smoothly in a fair way.

This way they will be able to make kills illegally on players while playing freely.

Of course, there are many servers imposing wrong bans etc but not all are wrong bans and this recent EC ban on V2X an co. along with KOTH ban was right. EazyM4, one of the caught cheaters was kicked from his own clan in the proceeding of this case. You can't deny it at least.  

Edited by MasterOz