(IPS) Forum Help!

as ELK, told me to Make an help request right here, Tbh, before i didn't knew how to setup IPS forums but as Ninja tried to teach me so i know some of it's stuff But after a couple of days later i was getting some red error messages which says that's there's a New Update for IPS Community I asked ELK to update it but he was kinda busy or something but after some days those update messages were appearing everywhere right in the forum! plus in Admin Panel I'll be honest I Accidentally Tried to update the forum i thought it's like updating software xd but i didn't realize it may affect some of this forum's features and it did, it messed up with Member's Groups! As for now i'm unable to edit or Create groups it shows a error anytime So when i clicks on any group to edit! It shows this message:
Capture.png

So when i showed this picture to ELK he said you tried to update the forum so because of that it happened! And this is why i'm here i need a help for this ELK says i can install this forum again but you'll lose everything then! however we thought the forum's database could be saved and we can get back it's data through the backup! but it can't be as he said just now! I need a clear solution for this!

and i swear i won't do the stuff that i don't know in IPS forums again!

I have gone through their official forums, support desk and in fact random support forums as well but it seems there's no way you can restore a database to a freshly installed ips forum. I'm still trying to figure out if this is possible some other way around because it won't just help your case atm, it will be helpful for others as well.

If there literally is no possibility of doing that, I will manually have to go through your configuration file and see what's causing your member groups settings error making it not editable. So, it's going to take some time but your other forum functionalities are working just fine i assume to you gotta give it some time.

7 hours ago, Berkay Khan said:

I have gone through their official forums, support desk and in fact random support forums as well but it seems there's no way you can restore a database to a freshly installed ips forum. I'm still trying to figure out if this is possible some other way around because it won't just help your case atm, it will be helpful for others as well.

If there literally is no possibility of doing that, I will manually have to go through your configuration file and see what's causing your member groups settings error making it not editable. So, it's going to take some time but your other forum functionalities are working just fine i assume to you gotta give it some time.

Yeah i'm waiting my friend! and hope it gets fixed! somehow

Edited by Waleed
On 4/3/2021 at 4:08 PM, Unknown said:

why you didn't ask me before creating a topic here?

How does this concern you? 
How could you have helped the situation if he had approached you first in case, @Unknown?

I will go through IPS Official forums and see what can be done in this case, @Waleed.

• Agree 1
On 4/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, Berkay Khan said:

How does this concern you? 
How could you have helped the situation if he had approached you first in case, @Unknown?

I will go through IPS Official forums and see what can be done in this case, @Waleed.

i was trying to say that he should have asked me before upadting forum.

7 hours ago, Unknown... said:

i was trying to say that he should have asked me before upadting forum.

How and Why i should have asked you before updating the forum! But why? I don't even know you and can't say anything till you reveals whoever you're! Either way i've got to wait. for it! as ELK is trying to find a working way for it! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:50 AM, Berkay Khan said:

Your issue has been resolved, but do check on your side @Waleed and let me know if everything is well functioning.

spacer.png

yeah Alright the problem is fixed you can lock the topic now